Search This Blog

Monday, February 28, 2011

Video Game Tattoos! (A permanent reminder of your wasted youth.)

I love outdated technology - everything about it: how it looks, how it sounds, even how it smells. (Nothing beats the musky aroma of a dusty Apple II's fan blowing right in your face after a long game of Oregon Trail.) But even my love for old video games has its limits, and I definitely draw the line at video game tattoos:

Game Nerd uses Tattoo! It's super-effective!

Perhaps it's my discomfort with tattoos in general, but I'm just too chicken to consider getting an HP meter tattooed across my chest. How would I explain this to my mom? My children? Co-workers? Do you really want to walk around with Sonic the Hedgehog on your thigh for the rest of your life? These tattoos raise too many questions. And unlike the real thing, tattooed pixels will fad into an embarassing jumble of colors after only a decade or two.

Nevertheless, it's fun to pop around the internet and have a look at the nerdiest tattoos you can find:

Game over, indeed.
At least he doesn't have a tattoo of Toad. Yet...
If you happen to have a ridiculous video game tattoo that you're especially proud of, please inform me! I'll make you an internet celebrity!

No comments:

Post a Comment